Last Updated: 9/1/2018
Changes to This Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “last updated” date above. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you use any of our Services to understand how your personal information is used.
We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Services. We may also supplement this information with information from other companies. We collect two general types of information, namely personal information and aggregate data. As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name and email address) and demographic and other information when directly linked to information that can identify an individual.
Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate data.” Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no personal information is included in aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Services.
The following are the specific types of information we collect from you.
Information You Give Us or That You Authorize Others to Give to Us. We collect information you give us through our Services and when you register for and use our Services and information that you authorize others to give to us. Examples include the following:
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use our Services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including: your name, shipping address and email address; and other profile information you provide or that you have others provide to us.
- Submissions to the Service. Information that you provide to us through forms filled out on our website or through the Services (e.g., by providing a champion’s story).
- Registration for Events. When you register to attend an event, we may collect information in addition to the information provided for your profile, including, but not limited to: t-shirt size and underwear size.
- Payment Information. Our payment processing vendor collects any credit card information you submit and we and our payment processor collect billing information you submit.
- Submissions and Company Service. From time to time we may use surveys requesting personal or demographic information and customer feedback.
Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Services. For example, it is standard for your web browser to automatically send information to every web site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring web site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
Use of Personal Information
Cupid Charities uses your personal information to provide the Services, process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you.
For example, we may use your personal information:
- to process event registrations and donations,
- to deliver any products requested by you,
- to contact you on behalf of Cupids Charities or our external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you,
- to develop, customize, and improve our Service,
- to send you surveys for the purpose of conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
Sharing of Personal Information
Company reserves the right to share aggregated information about our customers, sales, and traffic to our partners and advertisers. We may disclose personal information to a third party:
- To provide services on our behalf, such as operating the Services, handling the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services.
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with applicable law or comply with legal process served on Cupid Charities; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Cupid Charities; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Cupid Charities or the public.
This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate data, and we may share aggregate data about you and our users with third parties for various purposes in perpetuity, including to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our Services, to provide new Services and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Network and Information Security
We take reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Updating and Accessing Personal Information
If your personal information changes in any way, you must correct or update your information as soon as possible. You can make updates to your profile information by logging into your account at any time. You can also request changes or access to your information by emailing [email protected]
We may send you communications or data regarding our Services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of our Services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our Services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing [email protected] with your specific request. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages such as security alerts and notices about your current account and Services.
Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data, we will only do so under the following circumstances:
- In order to perform our responsibilities by providing the Services you requested; or
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data, such as to send you communications about products or services that may interest you.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you should contact us at [email protected]
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Any questions about this Policy should be addressed to [email protected]
Sign up for a weekly delivery of inspiration and the inside scoop on events.