What the 2021 Cupid’s Undie Run looks like amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Let us start by saying f*ck pants and 2020. After a year like the last, it’s about time we all had a reason to celebrate. And while this year may look different, we’re ready to make this the funnest, wildest, most thrill-anthropic Cupid’s Undie Run yet. But what does that look like?
Here are all the details about this year’s virtual s(h)indig
On February 13th, 2021 at 4 pm EST, we’ll all be kicking up our feet in our comfiest recliners and pouring some strong drinks, sans pants of course. Our BRIEF agenda is as follows:
- LIVE entertainment right before your eyes, in the safety of your own home.
- Real-time drinking games — let’s get competitive!
- A video montage featuring the most creative miles you send in.
- A mixologist teaching you how to make the tastiest (& strongest) drinks.
- Lots of laughs and a few extra surprises up our sleeves!
Check back in later this winter to see the full lineup of entertainment! (Or register now, and you’ll be the first to know who our celebrity host is!) That includes all the dirty deets of our local engagement pieces, AKA opportunities to get together safely with our Cupid’s fam. Check out what’s going on in your city via your Facebook event!
But what about running a mile-ish in between cocktails?
Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about that key aspect of our February fun run! Instead of a normal mile-ish run (been there, done that!), this year, we’re looking for a creative take from YOU, our participants. We’re handing over the reins, giving you the green light, or passing the torch, if you will. You get to decide how to partake in your own #MileThatMatters.
Let us break things down.
- Your first step in making your #MileThatMatters is coming up with a creative idea.
- Once you’ve gotten the thinking part out of the way, be sure to get dressed up (or down).
- Run, walk, skip, bike, or frolic (or whatever else you think of) your mile.
- Film yourself as you complete a mile-ish! Here’s what we need from you: Let us know your first name, where you’re from, and why you believe this is a #MileThatMatters. Share your story with us as you huff and puff a mile on social media using #MileThatMatters.
As always, we’re doing it to #EndNF
Our goal hasn’t changed despite 2020 being a bad chapter in a dystopian novel. We remain committed to finding a cure for neurofibromatosis (NF). Since 2010, Cupid’s Charity has raised over $20M from Cupid’s Undie Run and Project: Cupid.
There’s increasing evidence that the NF community has been put at a higher risk due to the spread of coronavirus. Those diagnosed with NF2 are at higher risk of being affected by the coronavirus, especially if they have a loss of vocal cord function or any difficulty swallowing.
We need your help to find a cure! And that means stripping down despite not being able to meet in person. That’s why we have the best round of rewards when you fundraise this year.
As you fundraise, you can earn cool sh*t! That way, while helping to find a cure for NF, you’re also wearing your cool new Cupid’s gear and spreading the word. Want to see what prizes we have this year? – Here’s a hint. We have a face mask, phone grip, open-bar-in-a-box, and many more.
What are you waiting for?
It’s time to join the community of Cupid’s Undie Runners for a year we’ll never forget! Register today: https://my.cupids.org/register